Thursday, October 1, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and my good friend Inga (Miss Manhattan), passed some important information to me that I'd like to share with you. From 11a-2p on 10/11, Lynn Calat, NP, of Midwood Wellness and Lutheran Medical Center (Brooklyn) will be offering free breast cancer screenings.

About Lynn:

"At the Midwood Wellness, I will provide compassionate and comprehensive care, to women of all ages. Whether it's your first gynecological exam or you are entering the preliminary stages of menopause and beyond. I will provide a safe haven with time to listen and deliver individualized care...I look forward to helping you achieve your goal of overall health and well being" -Lynn Calat Latino


Her services include:
Routine Gynecologic Exams
Pap Smears
HPV Screening
Family Planning
Birth Control
Adolscent Health
Perimenopause and beyond
Alternative Medicine


She also has medical aesthetic services like Botox and Cosmetic Fillers.


Location:
1318 Avenue H
Brooklyn, NY 11230
Phone: 718-434-0081

Living in an area as populous and diverse and Brooklyn, I understand how intimidating it can be to attempt to navigate the vast sea of medical care providers available. Selecting a practice from a long list at random is incredibly unnerving, and I know it meant a lot to me to hear first hand from my local friends who they had seen, and why they liked them. Referrals are valuable, and Inga was incredibly enthusiastic about Ms. Calat both as a person and a medical professional. Thanks for the info, Inga!