Thursday, May 21, 2009

And the sponsors keep coming...

Preparations for the Miss New York State Competition are in full swing, and I'm thrilled to announce the two latest additions to the "State Preparation Dream Team" (as Kim has affectionately dubbed our sponsors).

Bend and Bloom Yoga of Park Slope offers a fantastic flow series, in addition to pre and post-natal yoga and yoga for kids! On Tuesday, I attended their open level community class, taught by studio owner Amy, and never once felt out of place, despite my relative beginner status! The class was wonderfully relaxing, but boy, did I feel it the next day (in a good way)! I can't wait to go back! Their beautiful studio is located on Sackett St. between 4th and 5th Avenues. Check out their website here!

This morning, I attended my first class at Bikram Bay Ridge. I had attended one psuedo-Bikram class before, so I had some idea as to what I was getting myself into... For those of you unfamiliar with Bikram, let me break it down- 105 degrees room, 50% humidity, 26 postures, 90 minutes. I'm fairly certain that I have NEVER, in my entire life, sweat that much in an hour and a half! Graham was an amazing teacher, and I look forward to my next session! Bikram Bay Ridge is located on 5th Ave between 85th and 86th Streets. Check out their website here!

Both of these fantastic studios are providing their services to me free of charge as I prepare for Miss New York, and I'm extremely grateful for their generosity!