Thursday, March 12, 2009

Calling All In-Kind Sponsors!

As a resident of Manhattan Beach, I am proud to have been selected the new Miss Brooklyn 2009 and look forward to representing our beautiful and diverse borough during the 2009 Miss New York State Scholarship Program this summer. Last year’s Miss Brooklyn, Leigh-Taylor Smith, won not only the Miss New York State title but also made her way into the Top 5 at the Miss America Pageant bringing her total scholarship winnings to $24,000!

The Miss Brooklyn Scholarship Organization provides young women the opportunity to achieve their educational aspirations by issuing scholarship awards. Along with winning the title, a $1000 cash scholarship will help me continue my studies in Theater & English at Empire State College.

Here’s where I need your help. I am looking for the following in-kind sponsors to help me in my quest for the state title of Miss New York 2009:


Gown Sponsor
A gown to be donated to wear during the Evening Gown segment that I can keep or borrow from your boutique. (Teen & Miss)

Fitness Sponsor
A personal trainer to donate his or her service to help me achieve the winning spot in the Lifestyle & Fitness in Swimsuit segment. (Miss only)

Hair Stylist
A stylist to make me look my best during the state pageant. A new hairstyle, trim, color, or whatever it takes to give me the winning look. (Teen & Miss)

Spray Tan
A tanning salon that specializes in spray tans to help me achieve that glowing look. (Miss only)

In exchange for your kindness and generosity, The Miss Brooklyn Scholarship Program will name you as the official Gown, Fitness or Tanning Sponsor or Stylist of Miss Brooklyn 2009; list your business name and website link on its website during my entire reign; place your business name on an advertisement to be placed in the 2009 Miss New York State Scholarship Program; and provide free mention in all press releases and on air interviews.

The Miss America Scholarship Fund is based on a rich scholastic tradition, which has been the cornerstone of the Miss America Organization since 1945. Today, educational advancement, achievement, and public service continue to be the primary objectives for the Miss America Organization, Miss New York Organization, and the Miss Brooklyn Scholarship Program in the face of changing roles for women in American society.

If you are interested in supporting me, please contact Kimberly Thomas, Miss Brooklyn Scholarship Program Executive Director, at MissBrooklynMAO@aol.com or at (313) 492-0946.