Thursday, March 5, 2009

Local Season is in Full Swing!










First and foremost, congratulations to the newly crowned Miss Westchester County 2009- Alyse Zwick, Miss Hudson Valley 2009- Katie Martin and Miss Suffolk County 2009- Marina Montes! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to attend the pageant, but I'm thrilled that you'll all be returning to Miss NY 2009!

On Tuesday, I received a surprise phone call from our Borough President himself, Mr. Marty Markowitz! After congratulating me on winning the title of Miss Brooklyn, Marty invited me to entertain at Brooklyn Borough Hall's St. Patrick's Day Breakfast! What an honor- I can't wait.

On Wednesday, I took a trip to Borough Hall to pose for a photo with Mr. Markowitz. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to see me and introduce me around Borough Hall!

Thursday morning, I met with Kim (Miss Brooklyn ED) to do our first round of gown shopping! We got some great ideas, but the search for the perfect gown is far from over!

Friday morning, I was a special guest at the Block Institute for Read Across America Day! The theme of the day was "Diversity in Our Community", and after the morning assembly, I had the opportunity to visit a few classrooms, meet with the kids and read to them! Thank you to everyone at Block Institute for being so welcoming! I had a great time! Also, an extra special thank you to Block Institute for your assistance in raising funds for the Children's Miracle Network!

I took a bus upstate Friday evening to attend Saturday's Miss Empire Rose Pageant, where I was joined by the lovely Miss Lewis County 2009- Angela Glasso, Miss Fulton County 2009- Courtney Sheridan and Miss Northern New York 2008 Jessica Cagwin. It was great to see Miss Empire Rose 2008- Stacie Duda! Congratulations to Miss Empire Rose 2009-Katie Birchenough, 1st Runner Up Kieren Sheridan, 2nd Runner Up Colleen Gagne and 3rd Runner Up Brittany Dunham!

Sunday it was back to NYC for an afternoon dance rehearsal and then on the the NYC sweeper pageant! I had the pleasure of taking in the show with Miss Westchester County 2009- Alyse Zwick, Miss Suffolk County 2009- Marina Montes, Miss Hudson Valley 2009- Katie Martin, the very newly crowned Miss Jubilee 2009- Claire Buffie, Miss Staten Island 2009- Kimberly Cantoni and Miss Finger Lakes 2009- Lorna Rose. Miss NY 2008- Leigh Taylor Smith did a fantastic job emceeing! Congratulations to the new Miss Manhattan 2009- Inga Schlingerman, Miss Metropolitan 2009- Amanda Mason, and Miss Greater Gotham 2009- Danielle Roundtree.